Monday, November 10, 2008

On Blogging

On days like today, when things are a touch overwhelming and it feels impossible to take care of even the basics, I find myself organizing the chaos of my life into hypothetical blog posts, with titles that help me name my anxiety. Writing has always made things real for me, and helped me to process my world, so it's no surprise that this space functions as a sort of journal, where I work out my issues... albeit publicly.

I've got lots on my mind, and as my day spun out of control, the titles that came to me went a little something like this:

The World Is Testing Me (And I'm Getting a Failing Grade)
On Being a Disaster
On Murphy's Law (The First Law of Parenthood)
Hurricane Parenthood
Keeping up Appearances
Keeping up with the Joneses
We are Those Parents, You Know the Ones

And so on.

You getting the picture?

No comments: