Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things We Didn't Know Clio Knew

Snapshots:

Yesterday at lunch Clio tapped her glass against Dave's and said, "Cheers!"

Last weekend in Manhattan Clio went up to a placard on the street in front of a design store, and read out the letters "D-E-S-I-R-O-N" which is in fact the name of the store.

Last night she was choosing a barette, and after saying she'd like orange, she reconsidered: "Actually, I'd like the pink one."

A few weeks ago at the local playground I was hanging out with a Mexican woman while her son and Clio took turns on the slide; after a while, she turned to me and said, "She speaks Spanish?" and I said something about Clio's daycare and how we weren't sure how much she knew. The woman said, "well, she just told me she was going to go down the slide again."

1 comment:

kwongs said...

clio is so freaking smart!!! and boy do i miss new york--our dining table is from desiron!