Monday, October 13, 2008

Sister Act

So many posts, so little time. I'm supposedly multi-tasking right now, organizing blogposts while I print out the papers I need to grade; somehow, the blog part is taking over despite the paper-grading being on a deadline.

There are both events to report on (more from the Queens County Farm, a trip to the Prospect Park Zoo, the relatively uneventful change to a Big Girl Bed, Clio's first pee in the pottie, etc.), and issues to air ("On firing your babysitter," "On wondering if you want to be a stay at home mom," etc.), but I am suddenly SO exhausted, my brain SO muddled, that for now I'm going to rely on video to tell the stories for me.

A little context for this one: Clio wanted me to take a picture of her with her sister. While she was trying to get it all set up, I surreptitiously recorded the action with the video function of our digital camera. You can hear Dave whisper, about halfway through "Are you recording this?" Oh, yes. I will say, Clio's effect on Eleri seems much more pronounced on video than it did sitting right in front of her. My favorite part- and I'm pointing it out only because it is easy to miss- is at the very end, when Clio is "helping" Eleri. If you listen closely, you can hear Clio say "push...push" as she does indeed push the pacifier into her sister's mouth... perhaps a little less gently than we might like.


1 comment:

kwongs said...

amelia watched this about 8 times this morning. she looooooved it, and cracked up each time clio cracks up at the end.