Monday, October 27, 2008

Like Trying to Catch the Wind

An unusual thing happened last night: when I uploaded photos from our bigger, faster camera, I came upon this series I had almost forgotten I took. At first, I was disappointed to see that they were so overexposed. But then I sat with them for a bit--the light and motion so evocative of a fleeting moment-- and found myself crying.

I took these in my bedroom in the late afternoon, when the early fall light was streaming in through the window and Clio was chasing the dust motes in the air. I don't know what day this was, or where Dave or Eleri were, or how I got this gift of a moment--a two year old forgetting to be so very
two, and instead jumping for joy over such a simple thing--but something about both the rarity of the moment and the fact that I had already forgotten it put in my mind that song lyric from the car commercial, "like trying to catch the wind."




If I were one for labeling my posts, I think I would need a special label for all the posts where I marvel at how quickly it all goes, because it just keeps getting the best of me.

2 comments:

sara said...

so Ari turns two months tomorrow and ALREADY i'm marveling at how quickly its all happening. and I'm such a sap to begin with.

For Sale said...

you got me tearing up too!
-jennifer