Saturday, October 18, 2008

Now and Then

I'm finding myself pretty nostalgic these days.

Having a new baby makes you so aware of how much your older child has developed in such a short time, and just how remarkable that growth is. Looking at a lot of old photos, I find myself equally blown away by the physical growth.

Likewise, bringing out all the old baby clothes and gear makes daily comparisons unavoidable (supported by the fact that a two-year-old naturally wants to play with all of it once again.)
This morning , I got out a winter hat for Eleri, and Clio (whose memory does seem to go way back) identified it as her own; when I held it up to demonstrate that it wouldn't fit her, I was as surprised as anyone that the hat was indeed about a third the size of Clio's head. It doesn't seem like so long ago that she wore it every day.

Here's Clio on her old playmat around this time two years ago, and now.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these "then and now" shots. You can really see how Clio's eye color morphed from blue-ish to brown.