Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dancing Queen

I'm posting backwards today: feeling at a loss to tell a complete story or offer background (we went to the Queens County Farm for Apple Fest with Zoe, Dylan, Marcus, and their parents- more on that soon), I am, instead, offering up the more manageable fragments.

Like this: there was a country band at the Farm, and Clio stood completely transfixed as they played one classic after another, then clapped vigorously between songs. I think we may have found her genre: whenever we have K Rock on in the car, she says "no songs" and insists we turn it off-- clearly we're tuned to the wrong station, because here she stared down the band and refused to leave the area until we bribed her with promises of a special lunch (sausages and fries--with "saucy"-- courtesy of Zoe's grandpa).
What a great excuse to get out my old country albums!

At first Clio was so absorbed i
n the music, she didn't even want to dance, but Dave got her up on his feet (which she proceeded to stomp), and she was a convert.


(There is video of this, but I made the classic Heather mistake of filming it vertically, so I'll spare you). I kept wishing I could dig deep and remember a Tush Push or some other great line dance I learned years ago, country dancing with my parents, but we settled for more of a white-man's overbite.


Clio settled for the classic kid dance called running circles round your parents.




Nonny and Papa, is she doing you proud?

2 comments:

Statia Grossman said...

Wow Heather, you're fast - I haven't even uploaded the photos off my camera yet! Glad you guys came, Zoe's been talking about Clio ever since.

Terry said...

HI GUYS, iT SEEMS THAT YOU GOT I N MORE DANCING THAN WE DID.Between our "colds" and timing we did some basic dancing at the "eagles" clus on Frid and even tho' Ralph Dumond had borrowed our dance floor for his daughter's wedding ,it was so nippy that the heater was put in the middle of the floor .We just didn't get much dancing in. The i Pod music requires knowledge of songs and related music which we do not have. You look terrific in the blog,so calm and collected .