Sunday, January 30, 2011

From the Archives

Isn't it amazing when you find an old roll of undeveloped film? So full of possibilities. I remember my friend Jeff once told me that his father found a roll still in a camera, with a few pictures left. Mr. McKay finished the roll, and when he had them developed he discovered pictures of himself as a young child and as a father to grown children on the same roll. This is the loss that comes with the advances of digital photography.

Dave brought home a surprise roll the other day. Turns out, they are from Clio's first week. What a lovely gift to see these first looks we gave to one another.





And to see this serious expression on our always lively girl.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures--thanks for sharing. Grandma Barb

Love4Haiti said...

Awwwww......

Unknown said...

Wow. First, as usual, Dave's photos are incredible. Secondly, these pictures bring back such an incredible feeling - I was watching motherhood through your life and I feel like the freshness of being a new mom is completely seen in your expression. Love these.