Thursday, January 20, 2011

Surprise! New Look

So here's what happened: All my pictures were feeling really, really dark. Looking at this blog was feeling gloomy. I hold two things responsible: the fact that I take so many pictures with our cherrywood table as a backdrop, and the blue tones of the original Clio Confidential design.

My new blog, Love Your Space, feels bright and fresh with a clean white background. So I got to thinking....

What you are looking at is probably not a finished design. It might be too simple. I don't know. But it feels like I can breathe when I look at the blog again, and for a while I couldn't. Liberating the design content to its own place also lets me breathe, and I'm so happy to post some regular old Clio Confidential content again. These are positive developments.

It's funny, though. It felt very sad to change the template here, to tinker around. For so long, this has been a place of comfort, the place of family history, and I was as used to the look of it as my own handwriting. I hesitated before applying a new template--what if I couldn't get the old one back? But then I remembered that, of course, it is the content, and not the design, that makes this blog special.

Another change: I've added the "if you like this post..." feature. So far, it seems to be picking posts at random, so I'll have to do some research to see if I can make it choose more relevant posts.

Let me know what you think. And be prepared for some tweaking over the coming days!

Heather

No comments: