Thursday, November 11, 2010

Masks!

Since Dave's new job has been keeping him away for most of the girls' waking hours on weekends, I've had to get a little creative to keep them occupied and engaged, while keeping myself sane. This is actually a good thing: while it can be a good thing to give kids plenty of free time to do as they wish, I think we've gotten a little lay about providing activities in the house.

Last weekend, I suppose inspired by halloween, the girls made masks. I had a bunch of craft foam from when I thought we would make crowns for their princess birthday party in July (we made castle picture frames instead), so I just drew up some different shapes, let them choose a shape and color, made eye holes, then let them get to work decorating. I set out feathers, stickers, glitter glue, jewels, and cut shapes from glittery craft foam with an adhesive back. They LOVE using scissors and glue, and they're always looking for ways to use the jewels, so everyone was happy.

This is Eleri's in progress:


And his is Clio's finished product. Well, finished at the time. She went back and made some adjustments the next day.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lang said...

This is a great idea -- I'm going to try this one for Deston. We'll probably have less feather, however.