Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hiding

Eleri doesn't very much love all of our rules these days. Mostly she expresses this by hitting, though sometimes she diversifies with some biting or pinching. Last night she threw a wine glass--that was quite a crash. Apparently, though, sometimes a girl just needs to get away from it all. And that's where the laundry room comes in.

I would say that of all the rooms in the house, the laundry room sees the least action. I'm in there regularly enough actually doing laundry, but no one else seems to have much reason to go in there. Making it the perfect place to hide.

I found Eleri there, or, to be accurate, I found her feet there, the other day.

See her?

Do you?


She didn't love getting caught.

But somehow I avoided her usual gesture of displeasure, and I walked away without being smacked in the face.

On a completely unrelated side note, I'm thinking of "wallpapering" the laundry room with all of Dave's old concert posters. Thoughts? It's all blond wood and pale grey walls, and this maximalist is itching in all that minimalism.

No comments: