Sunday, June 21, 2009

Motherhood is cleaning up the barf without gagging

Sometimes I think parenting is largely about how well you manage the bodily fluids of your offspring. Gross, I know; but true. We've been in Boulder for about 24 hours; before we even arrived, Eleri spit up all over Dave's (only) pants, though we did avert the usual Clio throw up on landing (she rode much of the way with the air sick bag to her mouth- or, alternately, her eyes- but managed to keep it all down in the end). When we got to the hotel, I changed Eleri's diaper- and she peed all over the duvet cover (and it's one of those big brocade ones that's more for show than for use). And today Clio pooped-just a little-in her bathing suit in the hotel pool.

Seriously. How are we doing?

Hmmmm... quite a post for Father's day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess dave spent father's day being a father-in the trenches. hope things improve. mom

Unknown said...

I knew I was a true mom when Scarlett puked for the first time (just a couple months ago) and my instinct was not to recoil or even grab the nearest receptacle, but to try to catch it in my bare hands.

CRD said...

I *love* that you clarified that she pooped "just a little" in her bathing suit. I wonder if that's part of the mothering instinct.