Friday, February 20, 2009

Restless

I was supposed to go to the movies tonight.
In fact, I'm supposed to be there right now.
It was supposed to be the cure for what ails me.
But instead, I drove around for 40 minutes looking for parking. By the time I conceded that I should just park a ways away and walk, there wasn't enough time left to walk from a ways away and still make the movie on time.

So I came home and looked at my "favorites" listings on the multiple listings service for Twin Cities real estate. For all the problems with sprawl, there's something to be said for multiplexes with PARKING.

It's funny: in one of our MANY conversations about leaving NYC in seek of an "easier life," I listed "accessible parking" (or you can walk to everything) on my list of amenities. Dave sort of laughed. I stand by it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad reason at all. :)

The Hewitts said...

A very good reason, actually. It's among many, if you ask me ... which you didn't. But, I'll continue to push my opinions on you until you see reason.

sara said...

You neglected to mention the prohibitive cost of parking in New York City. And the lack of validation.

I'm not sure I'm among the converted in the long-term, but I definitely am for now. (Did I really just admit it?)