Thursday, May 15, 2008

Uncle Derek

Just before I made my California getaway, Dave's brother Derek came for a very quick visit with his girlfriend Mika. I've been meaning to get some of their photos from the trip before posting, but I keep forgetting to ask. Between my crazy schedule and their jetlag (Japan to NY by way of Detroit is one long trip!), I hardly got to see them, but they did get to bond with Clio just a bit.

Mika is clearly a LOT of fun; Dave told me that Clio warmed up to her in record time. She had Clio laughing her head off over some game with the "big ball."


Bringing fabulous foreign gifts never hurt anyone's cause, either: if you look closely at the coffee table you can see a great wooden train/ block set. Clio, Dave, and I are all big fans.


Just for fun, here's Derek with Clio over Christmas, 2006.


We're looking forward to the next, hopefully longer, visit.

And Derek, if you're reading this, send photos!

No comments: