Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Story

For those of you just joining me, there's been a whole lot of blogging going on, and this is actually the last in a string of related posts. It will all make a lot more sense if you start at the bottom, with Weekend in Morrison, and work your way back up.

Picking up where we left off:

As for me, my role this weekend was partly to capture everyone else, as family photographer (I was even the one who insisted we go to the Wallmart Portrait Studio; more on that later. Maybe.) When we finally got them all uploaded the other night, Dave declared that there weren't many good ones. And it's true, I tend to shoot for narrative, not light and composition, and Pete got many better versions of essentially the same shot. But for a little while on a gloomy Saturday, while the boys were building fires and Barb was fixing lunch or cutting asparagus (more on that later, too), Clio volunteered herself as a willing subject, once again wanting to have her picture taken and then look at it in the viewfinder. And I kind of like the resulting series of portraits, for their own sake.




2 comments:

Statia Grossman said...

Can you please upload some Walmart Portrait Studio photos? Please? I can't believe you did that!

Unknown said...

I love farm stories! Especially stories involving farm kids growing up and moving to New York City - a rare breed. It looks like Scarlett and Clio share some straight up farm cred.