Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Mullet


Clio got a bad haircut. When I can muster all the scathing energy I can find, I will publish a horrible review of Kidz Cuts Zone on Park Slope Parents and every other listings service/ parenting board I can find (to add insult to injury, the woman was 20 minutes late for the appointment and charged Dave more money than advertised on their website), but for now we just have to look at our toddler with her little mullet and try not to laugh.

For the first few days, I kept trying to place it, saying it had such a 70s vibe, that it felt a little like a 60s shag, and so on. I finally figured it out: it is the EXACT same haircut that I am sporting in my 2nd Grade class photo, circa 1981. (Mom, the one with the strawberry shortcake turtleneck- please scan and send to me for comparison purposes if you have it lying around!) The result is that Clio looks weirdly even more like me, but only to me. And probably to you, Mom.


Don't you love how the outfit Dave put together today- the camo pants, the exposed diaper, the midriff-baring ringer T, the heart-emblem ankle socks - just add to the whole effect?


She's classy.

Oh, yeah.

2 comments:

Statia Grossman said...

Just get her a trucker hat and no one will notice!

sara said...

I think its especially funny that Dave dressed her in a midriff-baring shirt reading My Dad is a Hunk!