Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Here's Barb as a new baby:



As a new mom:
And as a new grandma:


Similar to the way that Dave is trying to teach Clio something in most of their photos, and my mom is usually trying to make Clio laugh, I love that most pictures of Barb and Clio show Barb looking at Clio, as if the photo itself is not as important as whatever Clio is doing at that very moment. She's doting that way. It's just like the look she's giving Dave in the picture above. Sometimes I wonder if it's because she sees Clio fairly infrequently, so she's savoring every move that her only grandchild makes; but I think it's probably just her way.







Occasionally we do catch her looking at the camera, with good results.


When last I wrote about Barb here, she had been diagnosed with cancer; some of you have asked for updates, and I'm so glad to report that the surgery was a success, the recovery is going very well, and while the verdict is still out on next steps, all is looking good for a complete recovery. So this is a very special birthday, as we truly feel the celebration of Barb's life.

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

No comments: