Sunday, January 13, 2008

First Blood

Well, it was bound to happen sooner than later: Clio fell down went boom. Luckily, this did not happen on my watch. The first time my Jetta got a ding (back when it was brand-spankin'-new), I literally fell to my knees on the streets of Hell's Kitchen and emitted something like a strangled wail. In fact, the weight of ownership and the responsibility of marring the initial perfection of something completely mine was just too much, and I vowed to buy used forever. (what's another ding, right?) I guess I've learned that a little patina goes a long way, and sometimes kids get hurt. They just do. In this case Clio apparently tripped over her own feet when she and Dave were running home from Day Care, and cut her lip on her tooth. She healed up quickly; in fact, if Dave hadn't told me, I never would have known the next morning (especially since he hid the evidence; the bloody parka was already in the dryer by the time I got home!) In the end, I'm glad I'm just seeing these pictures now, where enough time has passed to be sure there's no residual damage, like internal injuries or Brain Cloud any of those other vague and threatening things that everyone gets on Grey's Anatomy.



They also say kids are pretty resilient. I think Dave took this the same night:


Yup. Not bothered, so I guess it's best if we're not, too.

No comments: