Friday, January 18, 2008

Dreaming of Minnesota?

This morning, Clio woke up asking for Papa. While I got her out of her sleepers and into pants, she just said "Papa? Papa? Papa?" over and over. When we went downstairs and sat down in the danish rocker for a little pre-breakfast snuggle, she started saying Nonny.

I tried to explain that Nonny and Papa are in Minnesota, far away, and that we can't see them right now. She looked at me and said, "Laila and Owey." I wasn't sure I heard her right (Laila and Owen are Lizzie's kids, who also live in Minnesota and who Clio has only spent time with on a handful of occasions.) I asked her to say again, and sure enough: "Laila and Owey."

Then, on the way to day care, completely unprovoked, Clio started saying Shooda. I asked if she was talking about her cousin Lucia, and she said "Yes. Shooda. 'Inn." Lucia and Finn.

I think she must have been dreaming of Minnesota last night.

3 comments:

The Hewitts said...

Oh, Sweet Clio. I so hope that you had happy dreams of us. Even if your mom made this whole thing up to get your dad to see how important it is for you to move here, I still LOVE this story!

Terry said...

Ultan says that we are both thinking of you too and we miss you

Jim O'Shaughnessy said...

Hmm, this seems *very* convenient to the parties who want to move to Minnesota. Dave, are you buying this? Maybe if you brought her out to Connecticut, she would wake up asking for Lael. The invitation is always open! By the way, have you checked the temperatures in Minnesota recently? :-)