Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Order in the Art

It's always fun to watch the progression in Clio's artwork. Right now, she has a particular bent towards order and graphic pattern. She also loves stamps, and I love the way she has been using them with watercolors and incorporating them into larger compositions.


Here, she used the stamp images or shapes as "flowers" and then painted the stems.

A detail.
She also created this grid with flower stamps, then carefully painted each flower in different colors.

This was a picture for my friend Amanda, who apparently made quite an impression on Clio when we all hung out at the office. Clio asked me to write a note on it, and to sign her name.
The other day, she took all the refrigerator magnets and lined them up into a grid over the information sheet for her outdoor adventure at school (a future post).

I'm guessing she got this sense of order (which I could call many other things with slightly less positive contexts), from me.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Those are lovely.