Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Day(s)!


We got about 20" of snow over the past two days. To think that Dave didn't want to move to Minnesota because of the wintery climate! Everyone claims that snow melts immediately in Boulder; we'll see if this turns out to be the case. Everyone also says that it's generally 75 degrees on October 30, then snows on Halloween. It may not have followed that order this year, but I can't imagine that we will be trick or treating without at least a little snow on the ground.

The following picture is at about 14", so you can just imagine....




Eleri was a bit like the boy from A Christmas Story in her hand-me-down snow gear. Dave said he took her outside today and she just stood in one spot (until Clio knocked her down.)


Let me also mention, though many of you will have noticed this, that these photos were already posted on facebook. As part of my blog-dentity crisis, I find myself confused about what to post where. More and more of our pictures tell their own story (I feel like I used to rely on photos to make a point within a written narrative, but many of the recent albums can stand on their own.) Maybe I'll figure it out. Maybe not. Maybe no one cares but me.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I care! I love both your narrative and the pictures. I need both. mom

sara said...

We care too. The blog is so much more personal.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out how to negotiate the overlap between face book and blog life too. I don't want to be redundant, but not everyone who reads my blog is on facebook...I also go back and forth about how I feel about linking my blog to facebook. Is it too much information? Do all my facebook "friends" (some of whom I barely know or have not seen in real life in decades) really need to know about my blog? But then again my blog is on the internet, not exactly private. Oh, the grappling goes on and on. I figure I'll put myself out there on facebook and anyone interested can read, and anyone not can breeze on by...