Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Outfit of the Week; or, A Chip off the Old Block


This morning, Dave was upstairs getting Clio dressed while I made some pasta for her lunch. He called down to me, "If Clio picks out the outfit, do I let her wear it, no matter how bad it is?"

Yup. Yup, you do.
Especially considering the battles that surround getting dressed as of late.

"It matches in a way," he called. "I had something much more matched picked out, but she didn't want it."

For those of you who knew me oh, 30 years ago, you'll see that Clio has picked up my penchant for "matching" patterns by scale or color. I've discussed this in these pages before, but this is a truly excellent example. Despite the fact that red and peach pretty much clash under any circumstances, somehow the matched scale of the graphic pattern makes it work.... more than other selections I could have imagined.

Clio came down the stairs "by all myself" and said "look at my pants, Mommy!" Yes Clio, I see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfectly charming - as always.

The Hewitts said...

Are you considering the possibility that your two babies might be born on the same date? I know you're hoping for sooner (maybe today!) but the same day would be very cool!

The Hewitts said...

Wait, did I just suggest something REALLY horrible? Clio WAS born on July 5th, right?