Sunday, April 27, 2008

Take Your Daughter to Work Day II

Creative Time threw our big annual benefit on Wednesday, and after a LONG day and late night, I knew I wasn't going to get a lot done on Thursday. (Plus, there's all the morning-after fun: gossiping about guests, checking out the results of the silent auction, taking a look at the party photos on Patrick McMullen's site). Everyone has been asking me to bring Clio in, as no one has gotten to hang out with her since last summer/fall, when she came in and, still crawling, tore up the office. Naturally, everyone was thrilled to see her, but Clio started out a little less thrilled to see a dozen or so new faces, looking at her. She's now aware of her initial shy reaction to people to such an extent that she'll actually put her head down on my shoulder and say "I want shy," but generally 20 minutes or so (and a good bribe: Anne took her off to the kitchen to get a banana) is enough to loosen her up.

She answered my phone a lot ("hello? hello? goodbye!"), and in fact changed the settings so the message light is always on, even when I don't have a message, so that's fun.


She also got to color with her magic markers in her Dorla coloring book. As she sat across my desk, she kept repeating "Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping! Oh, Man!" The "Oh, Man" being just about the cutest thing ever.
For those of you who are perhaps unfamiliar with the great Adventures of Dora, the character colored blue on the open page is Swiper, a fox (I think) who is always trying to swipe things from Dora, her monkey Boots, and the gang; to stop him, you need to say "Swiper, no swiping" three times, like a charm, after which he complainingly says "Oh, man!" Clio has obviously seen the show once or twice.


She also spent a LOT of time transferring gumballs from the gumball machine MTV gave us to a little glass bowl and back (I hope no one tries to actually eat any of them, since they spent a lot of time on the floor), but I didn't get a picture.

Finally, at the end of the day, she decided it was okay to spend some quality time with Anne.
Don't you love that they're both wearing tie-dye?

Somewhere in the middle of all of that, I did manage to squeeze in a meeting with our financial manager and one with our Executive team. Mission accomplished!

No comments: