Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter Dresses

Eleri is still in the dresses-only-dresses phase, and holidays are a real bonanza if this is your inclination.  This year, my mom gave her not one but TWO Easter dresses, and she wears them every chance she gets.  While Clio has moved on to mostly leggings and t-shirts, she still relishes a super-pretty gown, and I wonder how many years she'll want to wear the full skirts and formal fabrics of little girl Easter dresses.  (Sometimes I think fashion is genetic, and if I am any indication, we've got many years to go--hooray!)




I have to say, I love Clio's glasses, love that she coordinates the different pairs with her outfits, and that we are all used to them now.  But every once in a while, we get a picture like this one.


It makes me miss her face.  Is that strange?  She looks so same-but-different to me like this.  I think, too, she got them at a time when she was just outgrowing the very last vestiges of "toddler"  (5T  to 6 makes sense to me all of a sudden--why 5 is the last "toddler" year).  In a way, it feels like this growing up happened behind her glasses, and when she takes them off like this, it's as if the growing was instant.

No comments: