Monday, October 22, 2007

Mimic

These days, Clio is learning by doing. Specifically, she is trying out some of our actions (on us). I first noticed this when I put her in her front-carrier recently, and instead of raising her arms over the sides as she usually does, she slipped her arms under the straps so she could rub my back. I thought this was very sweet and affectionate. A few minutes later, when I found myself reflexively and habitualy rubbing her back, I figured out what was going on.

Since then she has spent quite a bit of time trying to take her bib (and her shoes) off herself to put them on her baby, brushing her teeth when we brush our teeth, and trying to feed her "animals" the meal we are trying to feed her. (Related video coming soon).

It even seems that I have been underestimating her powers of observation. Last night she pulled a number of her books off the bookshelf- and tucked them behind her back. Dave thought this was a little strange- until I explained that that's what I do when I don't want her to be distracted by a second book before we've finished reading the first!

What a smart girl! Stupid, transparent mommy needs to start thinking about her actions!

No comments: