Monday, May 31, 2010

Girl Cousins

My mother's father had six children, who had ten children, who have had six children (and counting: the next is on his way this August). Five of the six got together for a rare visit this weekend. Dave and I flew in to Minneapolis Friday afternoon with our girls, and my cousin Jesse was leaving Saturday morning with his, back to his current home in Boston.

Jesse's daughter Mira is six months younger than Clio, and his younger daughter Saya is one month older than Eleri; I've been hoping to get them together for ages.

It was such a simple pleasure to see them all play in my mom's yard, with my six-year-old niece, Lucia, as ringleader (her brother Finn was home, sick.)

I couldn't edit the photos any further than this.











3 comments:

kwongs said...

this is your mom's yard?? it looks like a park!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed you. It looks like you had a great time. The ball in one of the pictures made me think of this site.

http://pbskids.org/rogers/

It has Mr. Rogers videos from when we were kids, including the one in the crayon factory and the one about how they make those balls. Clio will love it.

Unknown said...

Ugg. I'm published as Laila. This is the danger of your children having their own gmail accounts.

Liz