Saturday, June 5, 2010

This is Your Child on Sugar

Clio's last day of school picnic was today. At the last minute, as Dave and I were heading out the door (already late), I noticed that we were supposed to bring a blanket to sit on and....dessert. Pressed for time and supplies, I grabbed some crackerjacks and some godiva dark chocolate and caramel squares, both left over from the last day of MY class, and stuck them in my purse.

After eating barbeque chicken, baby carrots, and chips, Clio noticed that there was a dessert table...and that it was empty.

I offered her a choice between the two thing I had brought along, and, much to my surprise, she chose the chocolate (I think there's just something so appealing about a box of crackerjack, but what do I know?)Dave looked at me like I had gone completely apeshit insane, and exactly 32 seconds after Clio finished the chocolate, I knew he was onto something.








Apparently I needed one more confirmation that Clio has inherited her father's sensitivity to sugar.

No comments: