Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Airplane, Here" Dyptich, 2008

Yesterday morning before going off to day care and work, Clio and I spent some time watching the airplanes out the window. What this really means is that Clio and I knelt together on the couch, eyes peeled to the sky, and every time an airplane floated into view between our house and the apartment building across the street, I would lift her up, point, and say "Clio, look!" And she would look invariably in the wrong direction, in every direction but the airplanes', and as it glided over the rooftop and out of sight, I would say "bye bye airplane," and Clio would cock her little wrist the way she does, and say "Airplane where?"

Tonight she answered her own question when coloring with crayons. (She specifies the mode of artwork production, so I might as well, too.) She drew these two pictures (simultaneously), and at several intervals, drew a swoosh, pointed, and said "Airplane here!"

You can see them, can't you?

Incidentally, she did finally see an airplane- the fifth that I spotted for her. I'm not sure who was more excited about this success.

And who knew so many airplanes flew over our house?

No comments: