Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Backpack


Our internet has been out for a few days, so forgive the sudden glut of posts. We send Clio's dinner to daycare with her every day, and lately she has taken to wearing the little paper bag over her shoulders, like a backpack. Problem is, the "straps" are not very comfortable, and they tend to slip down her shoulders. So on our outing to Target this weekend (I'm noticing that Target figures disproportionately in this blog), we found her a real backpack. She is so proud to wear it on our walk to Daycare, and loves to put things in it, like her "tiny little dog" and some random business cards she found on the side table.

The best part? It features Dora, naturally.



As an aside, I always said I would NOT be one of those parents whose houses are filled with TV characters. I heard an interview on NPR yesterday with the man who wrote a new book about the boom in TV marketing to toddlers, and his dismay at the toy aisle, whose theme-character filled rows show a real loss of imagination. For now, I find that a Dora backpack makes my kid happy, and who am I to judge? I do draw the line at decor, though: no Dora sheets for us.

No comments: