Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nicknames

I saw a number of old friends this weekend (and went out on the town until the whopping late hour of midnight!) As I was leaving our old hangout, the Kettle of Fish, Mark Manne told me that ever since he met Clio when she was about 3 months old and had the habit of kicking her legs like a clog dancer, he's been calling her Crazy Legs Peterson.

Is that offensive? He asked.

Actually, we've coined worse in the past 14 months. A partial list includes:

Stinky
The Stinkster
Clio Grace McFunny Face
Stinky McGillicutty
Miss Lady Baby
A Joy and a Pleasure (sarcastically)

I know there are more, but out of context I'm forgetting. I just asked Dave for his favorite Clio nickname and he said Stinky. Do you see a theme here?

1 comment:

Statia Grossman said...

Glad to hear we're not the only one's calling our kid names (while trying to remind ourselves that it needs to stop soon before she starts to remember them!)