Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter Eggs!

Sometimes I forget that I am the adult, and that holiday magic doesn't happen, adults plan it.  Which is to say, I'm terrible at celebrating holidays and creating activities and tradition around them.

But I can manage the basics.

Despite easter falling very late this year, the weather leading up to it was, well, abominable.  Dyeing easter eggs is much more fun when it feels springy, but we persevered.

Nadia and Givenson came over, and Nadia and my two girls dyed nearly 3 dozen eggs between them.  These girls were FAST.  Too fast, I think.  We ran through eggs before they got bored with the project.


Nadia's egg kit came with a plain wax crayon, and Clio wrote her favorite slogan on one of hers.


Nap the Cat.

That's right.

We have NO clue what this is supposed to mean or where it came from, but she writes it everywhere.


See?

She also wrote her sisters name on one, and Eleri decorated with stickers.

Eleri also really liked dunking the eggs in the colors.  By which I mean dropping.  We lost a few to this method before she got the hang of the dipper.


A Christmas dress for dyeing Easter Eggs.  Makes perfect sense somehow.

In the end, when we'd run out of eggs, Clio and Nadia did a little experiment called Put the Egg in Every Color and See What Happens.  My prediction?  Brown.


As usual, I was wrong.  They basically turned the last color they were in, with undertones of all the other colors.

I'm getting worse and worse at concluding these posts as the day goes on.  And you know what?  I'm not going to sweat it.

No comments: