Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jello Shots

I'm not exactly sure how/why this has happened, but the girls have never had jello before. This week, they got strep throat one after another, and Clio was hit especially hard with the sore throat. When we got her diagnoses at the Target convenience clinic, the nurse mentioned jello as a soothing possibility, so we just waltzed on over to the grocery section to buy jello, popsicles, and juice, which adds up to Clio heaven. (And I will say, that is truly convenience.) All Thursday night and Friday morning she kept saying "will you make that thing we got to eat," because apprently "jello" is a hard word to remember. We finally had the jello for dessert after dinner last night. I wound up with about a dozen pictures of Eleri, but in all but these two you can't see her face, buried, as it is, in her bowl.

Clio thought it hilarious to slurp the jello down in big chunks.

She was laughing so hard, she could barely even protest when I took her picture.

Dave even managed to get these two shots of Clio and I together--nearly impossible to do these days.




I was going to make them their own post, about how I actually see what people mean when they say Clio looks JUST like me, but then I figured, who cares if the post should have one point, it's a blog, not an essay, right? And then Dave came up with the title "jello shots" and suddenly the post does have just one subject: these photos. See what we did there? Impressive, I know.

1 comment:

The Hewitts said...

I'm so sorry that the girls had to deal with strep. It's miserable.

But, I'm glad that they got to indulge in jello. It's a delicious, non-healthy, totally non-natural snack.