Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Decorating and stuff

I've been looking at a LOT of home-grown design blogs lately, and I'm realizing that every other woman with half a design eye who moves into a new house starts a blog about its transformation. some of them have been super successful, and the homeowners are now full-time bloggers. I've been sort of storing up all these decorating posts, waiting until I could make them "right" or "decorator-y," and I mentioned to my friend Sara the idea of a spin-off blog to track the design process in the house. She very tactfully suggested that what is interesting about a person like me blogging about decorating is where these efforts intersect with life and family. Smart cookie, that one. And I have to say, after ODing on all these blogs, many of which are amateur hour (sorry, that;s mean), it was a terrible idea indeed. I'm obsessed with sourcing the perfect runner for the kitchen right now, but this, too, shall pass. It is a big part of how I'm spending my time right now, and it is an utter delight to settle in to such a great house, but really? It's not world changing. (Okay, duh.)

All that said, I'm going to stop saving my posts until they are genius design posts, because they just aren't going to be. My photography is weak and my eyes are often bigger than my stomach (meaning, my design ideas are often--make that always--bigger than the realized projects). So here it comes. My obsessiveness. I'll try to put it out there is fits and starts so as not to scare anyone away. Anyone left, that is, after my supremely spotty blog record these past few months!

No comments: