Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A moment of appreciation for my husband

On the train home tonight, I over heard a woman call her husband as we went over the bridge. Listening to her side of their conversation, I was struck by how lucky I am to have a renaissance man like Dave around. It went something like this:

"I'm running late for my appointment, so here's what I need you to do:
Go to the cabinet and take out a pot.

The stainless steel one.

Right. Put some water in it.
Then, about 25 minutes before I get home, turn on the stove.

Yes, put it on low so it just boils when I get home.

We'll have pasta!"

Dave knows how to boil water. He does not need instructions about how to make pasta. He can (and will) make a much more complex meal on his own, without prompting. In fact, he's quite a wizard in the kitchen. And he does dishes!

Come to think of it... I wonder if she was talking to a child?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here here! Amen for modern daddies.