Thursday, September 4, 2008

Outift of the Week/ Snack of the Month

Anne gave Clio a tutu as a big sister present. A tutu with sparkles folded into the netting, and a purple satin bow. Clio insisted on putting it on immediately, over her dress, and kept grabbing handfuls of net with sparkles and saying, "I got them!"


We went downstairs together to get the camera, and at the bottom of the stairs, she found the extra box of Puffins that hadn't quite made it to our "pantry" (i.e. the overflow shelf in the basement that makes shopping at Costco a possibility). Puffins are her current favorite cereal, so she got very excited and said, "what's in here?" then insisted on carrying the box up our fairly narrow basement stairs- I was not allowed to help.


Once upstairs, she said "I want puffins," and I explained they were not for dinner, so she said "I want lunch!" I further explained that cereal is, in fact, for breakfast, so Clio declared, "Let's have breakfast!" Explaining that these meals are associated with a particular time of day was beyond me, but lucky for me she gave up and settled for putting the box on the counter (with the other box.)


I'll tell you, this kid doesn't miss a beat.

No comments: