Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Some Action, but not of the New-Baby Variety

I broke bedrest on Sunday to attend Isaac's birthday party. (I've found that I can do about one thing a day, whether it's a trip to the midwife, a mani-pedi, or a party, and then it's back to the couch.)

Clio has really embraced the whole party thing, and with all the perch babies turning 2 between late May and early August, it is high season.
The best thing about these parties, for me, is the chance to catch up with friends from my Mom's group. At Isaac's, in particular, the pregnant contingent was in effect, and it was great to see Stephanie and Jennifer, both due in October.

For Clio (and apparently Dave), the best thing about these parties is other people's toys.
She and Dylan practiced sharing while cooking in Isaac's Kitchen, and she and the Daddy checked out Isaac's great little armchairs. (Do you think I could get her a chair of her own already, or what? I think this subject has been topped in regularity on this blog only by references to Target.)


I'm not exactly sure what happened to Dave's balloon there, but Clio got to take one home as a favor.


It was quite a feat getting it to and from the car without losing it, as Dave and I were NOT allowed to help; as of today, it is a withered little ball on the floor, which she continues to insist on smothering with love and affection. This morning she was sort of biting it to make the most awful sound. I guess we needn't have worried about the trauma of it popping- this thing is resilient! Dave drew the line at bringing it to day care. At least from there it may not have made it home!

No comments: