Monday, August 13, 2007

Swings

The other day, Clio and I were walking to Kitchen Bar to pick up our weekly veggies from our CSA. I went a block too far before turning up the avenue, brining me accidentally to the playground. I figured, Clio tends to tire of the swings after just a few minutes, so why not stop in while we're here? We did just that, and Clio did indeed tire of the swings. But not of the playground. She wanted to walk around on the black rubber mats under the play equipment- and I realized I hadn't brought her shoes along. She also got a little stinky, and I realized I had no diapers. (It was a quick outing- she wasn't supposed to leave the stroller!) Luckily, we ran into some folks we know- Kevin, the music teacher, and Logan and Cassius from the class, with their moms; and Lisa, who I met on the bus when her daughter Margot and Clio were both about 2 months old. I was kind of self-conscious about my ragamuffin baby (and casual parenting) and kept explaining myself. (I don't think anyone actually cared, but hey.) The next day, Dave and Clio went back to the playground. Having learned the lesson, Dave... brought no shoes, and neglected to even put pants on the kid! But look, our ragamuffin baby is happy as can be.


No comments: