Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Clio Grace, Author

Clio has taken to making books. The process is pretty straightforward: Clio makes a bunch of related drawings, then puts them in order and dictates the words for each page, which a grown up writes down. Then she makes a cover, comes up with a title, and the whole thing is stapled together. Mostly this is a Daddy activity. I am delighted that I finally replaced our scanner (it broke while I was at the hospital birthing Clio, when a floating shelf came crashing down on top of it) so that I can share her artistry. Text for each page appears below the image.


I love this rainbow. I really want to buy it.


I really love this flower because it has some silver in the middle. I really want this flower because I think it has underwear.


I want to climb up this rainbow to get this snowman because it has underwear on its hands.


The flower I really like because it's all covered in red. There is also green.


This flower is so pretty. It just has some dandelions on each petal.


This flower has a flower inside of it.


This flower has rainbow petals on it.


This flower has pokes around it. Pokie pokes.


This street light has a monkey in its belly.


This whole thing is so crazy. Cause it is so crazy.


It's hard to argue with that. I might share a few of these, depending on how much patience I have for scanning and transcribing.

3 comments:

kwongs said...

i love it, especially the references to underwear on heads, which amelia is a big fan of these days as well.

The Hewitts said...

SHARE MORE! SHARE MORE!

I love these. Plus, as I have found, the beauty of the scanner is that you can store copies of the kids' drawings without having to build another garage stall to house it all.

amy d-s said...

i am trying to control my laughter from this post through "Eleri get stuck in her shirt" post while justin has a legal theory reading group in the background. I love your girls. and you. and, heck, dave too. miss ya'll.