Saturday, August 29, 2009

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

I was feeling a little guilty about the wacky summer these girls had: back to full time in Day Care when I was on deadline for my books, squired away on sundays for hours at a time while we held Open Houses, not allowed to touch anything as we attempted to keep the house clean for showings, half their toys packed away, and then--BAM!--a life-changing cross-country move.

So it was great when my parents came to visit not long after we arrived in Boulder. (Don't you just love the hydrangeas outside our door?)

Not only is it fabulous anytime these kids get time with their grandparents, but in this case, those grandparents stayed in a hotel with a POOL, and the girls swam pretty much every day.



Plus, never have there been so many treats: cookies, ice cream, juice, extra snacks, balloon animals on Pearl Street,
new books from the independent bookstore, a toy here and there, etc. Not because my parents are a bad influence, mind you; somehow I used their visit as an excuse to lavish my girls with special treats and favors, to "make up for" "all they have been through." Oh, and I hear my Dad let Clio cheat at Candyland; he claims it's in the rules that small children can put back cards they don't like, in order to "encourage them." I haven't actually checked it out, but I have my suspicions about this one.


The final bonus? My mom and I did a little collaboration on the girls room, and while there are still some details to work out, the place is looking adorable. Both girls particularly love Clio's "Princess Bed, Just Like Elsie's."


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this bed! I always wanted a bed like this. Tell Clio that I love it and I can't wait to see it in person! Also, your parents always look so amazing with the girls, not to mention that your mom probably looks better in that bathing suit than most people I know!