Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Inauspicious Beginning

To modify a popular phrase, Today is the fist day in this next phase of my life.
How's it going, you ask?

Well, I'm a little tired. Last night I was in bed from 11:30 to 7:30, and in those 8 hours I was awoken 8 times: once by Dave, coming home from a late night at the bar (a college friend was in town); twice by Eleri (first just talking up a storm, then to actually change and feed her); and FIVE TIMES by Clio. She wanted her blanket fixed, a stuffed animal removed, a diaper changed, one more song, and to snuggle. That one was at 4 in the morning, so no, it was not nice.

Also, Clio stayed home today. She was feverish the last two days and felt warm this morning, so, taking advantage of this new freedom to do so, I gave her the option of Titi's house or home. Guess what she chose? Actually, she chose Titi's House- until we got there and she wanted to come home. From where she proceeded to wine and cry that she wanted to go to Titi's house. Now, I shouldn't blame her- I can't seem to make simple choices these days either- but really, this new game called "I want/ I don't want/ I want" is really annoying.

To borrow another popular phrase, I guess we'll take it one day at a time.

No comments: