Thursday, January 29, 2009

busy, busy, busy

Clio has been a very busy little girl (she recently was called a "spitfire" by another parent at our day care, and more often than not these days, people encounter Clio and then look at us with sympathy and a phrase along the lines of "you'll be in BIG trouble come the teen years. Oh, don't think I don't know).

I have to admit, I've been too exhausted and brain dead to take note and distill her many moments into clever anecdotes or poignant observations, hence the silence here in the blogosphere. (Not to mention the fact that my brain is racing with the realization that I really won't have a job in about a month and that I really don't know what I'm going to do next, but I have to do something.)

So here is a somewhat random collection of a few of her favorite recent antics- just to ensure that I will find my way back to some sort of regular updates.

Here's Clio chewing on one of Eleri's toys. Clio still believes sharing goes in one direction- hers- and while Eleri is not allowed to use any of Clio's old toys, Clio has decided that she may help herself to Eleri's new ones. (Eleri, ever the second child, couldn't care less. Just give her a stick or her own sock and she'd good to go.)



For about one whole weekend, Clio only wanted to sit backward. I don't know why. But she sat there with her animals and books lined up in front of her for long stretches of time, entertaining herself; who am I to complain?


Clio LOVES the snow. (One point, Minnesota.) She really, really loves it. Ice, too. (okay, let's give Minnesota 10 points for winter). She especially loves to "sweep" it in our front "yard." Especially when we get home from day care and I'm stuck standing there with Eleri dangling in the Bjorn. As you might guess, Clio is NOT easy to convince to come inside. And di I mention Eleri in the bjorn? Yes, kind of an obstacle to picking up a 2 1/2 year old, especially when she goes all dead weight on you.


Clio also continues her love of filling empty containers. I strongly believe she gets this from her father, who never met a clean surface he didn't want to cover in crap. In case you can't tell, this is Eleri's car seat, filled with about a bazillion stuffed animals. Serves me right for leaving it on the car- oh, to have a mudroom!

2 comments:

Statia Grossman said...

"Spitfire" is a word we hear quite often around here too. Clio and Zoe seem similar in so many ways as I often find myself having to empty 5 different baskets of their random household items that she's stuffed in. I haven't had the sitting backwards yet - that one is all yours!

The Hewitts said...

I'm not sure what to say, here, without making myself look like a nagging wife, but I LOVE the comment about Dave covering surfaces with crap. Scott is excellent at that, also. It's funny, because he is very picky about cleanliness (dust, crumbs, and such), but he insists on sorting the mail and the laundry into 26 piles on the kitchen counter. WHY?