Monday, February 7, 2011

Eleri's haircut

The girls got haircuts.
For weeks, two things had been happening: Eleri was constantly pushing her growing-out bangs out of her face, and Clio was asking to cut her hair short. So a week ago, while Dave was working some weekend hours and Eleri was refusing to nap, we headed off to kids' hair for some back-to-back styling.

Clio returned to her stacked bob, and I have to say, I was worried that she would be sad when her long hair was gone, but this was, once again, projecting. In fact, I was so worried that we hedged our bets, and the stylist gave her such a long bob it ended up just looking grown out and she basically had to do it all over again. The final result? Clio looks just like herself again, and bathtime is SO much more pleasant with less hair and fewer tangles to comb through.

As for Eleri, well, her history of hair challenges continues. Last time she got her hair cut, the stylist suggested that we stop doing bangs "because they'll never be in a clean line." But I've always thought she looked better with a bit of hair on her forehead, and frankly I don't think bangs need to be razor sharp to work. In fact, I often think a softer bang is better. So when I told this same stylist that I thought we should cut bangs for practical purposes, I figured she would be with me. I figured she would trim the existing bangs nice and long. But no. She told me all the reasons that we shouldn't cut "real" bangs, then took a nice big snip, mid-forehead. "Is that short enough?" She asked, as I almost gasped out loud. She proceeded to cut from about ear to ear, and for the fourth haircut in a row, I bundled Eleri out of the salon telling myself that it's just hair (it is!) and that it would grow back (it will!)

Yet once again, I have to admit: it's not what I intended, but it's pretty darn cute. The short bangs frame her eyes nicely, making them look even bigger, and the curls by her cheeks emphasize the last of the baby fat, which I love.




And really, don't you think she kind of looks like one of those campbell's soup kids?



Yeah, I think so. Is there anything cuter?

1 comment:

Narrah said...

Adorable haircuts!~
BTW, I read your blogs whenever I can. Love it!