Monday, June 29, 2009

Breaking the Photo ban

Clio has been uninterested--no, unwilling--to be photographed lately. She has also truly developed her fashion sense, meaning that I constantly want to photograph her, and she pouts or whines or wails or, mostly, shrieks and turns the other way, shouting NO PICTURES! Sometimes this means I improvise, and manage to get her in motion as she runs away:



Not long ago, I described another one of these amazing outfits on facebook, and there was a general clamor for photos, but the snapshots I managed to get from my reluctant subject did not do the outfit justice:



For one thing, she's not wearing the pink snakeskin gladiator sandals because, well, "no shoes on the carpet" is just about the only rule Clio insists on following in the house. Also, the angle doesn't really show the bling at the waist of the dress, and the double tutus are obscuring both the fact that this dress has a bubble skirt (which is tie-dyed) and that it has matching, cropped leggings.

So I also mentioned on facebook, to explain the poor photography, how Clio lately has disdain for the mamarazzi, and a colleague commented that her son had gone through something similar, and the phase ended when she gave him control of the situation by handing over the camera.

Guess what?

Worked like a charm.

After she took these:


She let me take this:

And I don't know what Dave's trick was, but somehow, as usual, he got it figured out before me. I found this picture that he took while I was pulling the ones above for this post:

1 comment:

kwongs said...

she looks so grown up!