Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grandpa's Story

Timing work can be unpredictable on a farm; because of bad weather earlier in the week, Pete ended up spending quite a bit of Sunday and part of Monday making hay (I now truly understand the expression "make hay while the sun shines"), but he took great pleasure in bringing Clio along for whatever chores were appropriate, like feeding an orphaned calf. Mostly, in down time, I think he just reveled in the common refrain of the weekend: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Pick me up!" And obliged his granddaughter in the house, in the fields, and on Great-Grandpa's farm.



In the end, she returned the favor, doing a little of the heavy lifting herself, and leaving him in a higher place than she found him.


1 comment:

Statia Grossman said...

I'm so intrigued - I can't wait to hear everyone else's side of this story!