Friday, November 2, 2007

Seeing Double

I remember when I was pregnant with Clio being very judicious about the clothes we bought- first of all, they needed to be gender-neutral, and if you enter any baby department and witness the explosion of pink to the left and the explosion of blue to the right, you know what a challenge this is. But more critically, everyone had told be that the sizing is off in baby clothes, and that the kid would be wearing sizes at least 6 months ahead of his or her actual age. Once you figured in the additional issue of season, it seemed like such complicated math, and I mostly bought white onesies with yellow and green animals on them.

I think we've finally figured out which brands fit how (Old Navy runs long and lean, Circo runs big and Carters runs HUGE, and absorba and Amy Coe are just plan squat and square) and we're able to mostly pick things that work.
But I've noticed a funny thing about H+M: Somehow, the clothes just seem to last and last, well beyond the boundaries of size. Take, for example, this flowered shirt, size 2-4 month, and Clio sporting it at 5 months and 15 months!





I also love how she looks the same but different.

By the way, a shout-out to my aunt Missy for the beautiful portraits of our 5-month old Clio! (We're lucky enough to now have that camera, so we can try to replicate the loveliness of her shots! Dave sometimes comes close, but I always miss by a mile. I know where my talents do- and don't - lie.)

P.S. I'm sure you're waiting for the Halloween post. I missed the party because of this ongoing illness, so Dave might moonlight on a post. In the meantime, link to perch babies in the list to the right and you'll see about a dozen babies in adorable costumes- and just one adult. That's right, that's Dave as the Easter Bunny (or, as his boss suggested, more like a Playboy bunny!) I was supposed to be the Tooth Fairy. Oh well, just another year that my favorite holiday is a personal disaster. More on that next year.